Sunday, October 29, 2006

steady progress

I mean to post a big woo-hoo post here when the wheel came last Monday but Blogger was being unbelievably wonky -- so I was lucky to get it up at the other blog.

So anywho, the official word is, it's here and I think I've finally figured out how to use it! I'm working through the thank-you yarn from heaviest to lightest -- I'm not quite brave enough to attempt fingering for a few more days, though I did spin a wee bit of silk to fingering weight the other day. I'm just really concerned about the quality of the yarn I'm sending out, so I'd rather feel more in-control, which (luckily) I am a little more every day. :)

jan3

That's the first or the thank-you yarn spun and plied on the wheel. It's soft! It's squooshy! And I'm pretty darn happy with it.

This has been such a great learning experience on so many levels....I'm going to miss my little stack of index cards when it's all said and done. :)

Thanks for the wheel, you guys!! I really, really like it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Julie,
You seem to have disappeared. Are you still spinning? Where did you go and how can I get in touch with you? Please email or post a comment on my blog, ClaudiaJane.

7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home