Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Well what do you know!!

I'm buying a spinning wheel!!

If you've found your way here via a link and are looking to donate to my wheel fund, thank you! But I've stopped accepting donations because I've met my goal and I have a heck of a lot of spinning to do. If I hear of someone else who's using this idea and starting their own wheel fund, which I think would be fabulous, I'll post a link here.

Thank you again and again to all of the donors who've made my purchase possible. I'll be posting progress updates here, so you can have a general idea of when to expect your yarn. So check back soon! I'll be linking to yarn photos, but I won't post the photos themselves here in case you want to be surprised! :)

In case you're curious, I've ordered a Fricke S-160 DT spinning wheel. It's a good versatile starter wheel whose owners speak very highly of it. I'm so excited, and of course I want it NOW! But in the meantime...back to the spindle I go.... :)

5 Comments:

Blogger Lily said...

I can't believe it happened so quickly for you. It was meant to be.

11:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see your wheel and what you can do with it. I'm so happy for you.

10:04 PM  
Blogger Carmell said...

wow that was quick!! sorry...but i got distracted by little man and forgot all about this!!! i do apologize but good for you!!!

9:08 AM  
Blogger moirae said...

That was quick! And you are making some beautiful yarn. All I want is a wooden drop spindle myself and I'm hoping Mr. Claus will hand one over.

10:22 AM  
Blogger fibersnob said...

I'm borrowing your idea Julie, you had suck great luck I thought I'd give it a try and get my wheel and donations for breast cancer research all at the same time.

Have fun with your wheel!!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home