Monday, October 16, 2006

I'm trying to be patient

And really, I don't want to whine too much. I'm getting a wheel about a year sooner than I would have, thanks to the generousity of many, so I don't want to complain. But MAN! Could they take any longer?***

Just had to get that out.

I have two piles of index cards ever before me, and I'm happy to report that as of today, the pile of cards for those whose yarn I've finished is now bigger than the pile for those still in progress. That feels good!!

A loud and enthusiastic THANK YOU to those who have chimed in to say, "don't worry about spinning my yarn til you get the wheel!" It warms my heart and makes me a little less irritated about the wait. I'm still churning out the yarn, but not nearly as stressed about it. I would really, really hate to find out a month from now that Fricke has gone under and didn't tell their dealers, I won't be getting the wheel I ordered, and I have to handspin several pounds of yarn the month before Christmas. So while I won't be finishing by the end of October like I'd hoped, the end will be in sight.

***Holy cow, I have edited the rant, because I just talked to a real live person at Fricke, and it looks like the wheel will ship later this week! She was very kind and offered to e-mail the UPS tracking number to me as soon as it's on its way. Squee!!

4 Comments:

Blogger vickthompson said...

I'm glad it appears you wheel is on its way! I can't wait to see it.

2:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Julie,

I'm sorry I didn't catch your earlier post. Please put me on the list of 'no hurry'. I am very content to wait.
I love the colors in your album. They are so rich.
I am happy for you that your wheel is slowly rolling your way.

7:12 PM  
Blogger earthchick said...

Julie, thank you, thank you, thank you for my GORGEOUS yarn! I loooovve it!

and I'm excited to hear you'll get your wheel soon. Can't wait to see pics!

3:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Julie!
Your yarn looks great so far! And you can leave my yarn for last, if need be! So many things to knit, so little time.
I'm glad you finally heard about your wheel, it must be so exciting :)

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home